SERIES OF SHORTS: REEL PALESTINEDIRECTED BY
Rakan Mayasi, Mohanad Yaqubi, Ameen Nayfeh, Ismahane Lahmar, Mahdi Fleifel
Palestine, Lebanon, UK | PG | 62 min | Drama, Short, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Documentary | Arabic
- BONBONE: A Palestinian inmate serving time in an Israeli jail receives a visit from his wife who devises a bold and crafty operation to fulfill their secret desires.
- EXIT: Taking the London Underground as its location, the piece traverses genres - appearing part site specific dance performance, part atmospheric architectural exploration, and part video art. Featuring stunning cinematography and an award winning original score, Exit arrives at an accomplished fusion of the organic and the concrete by playing on the dancer's bodily and emotional encounter with a claustrophobia underworld of stark lines and threatening machinery.
- NO EXIT: As many of his generation, Ali decided to run from the hardship of the war, in his way, he meets a strange person in a bus station, an encounter that will change his perspective of waiting.
- THE CROSSING: Shady and his sister Maryam are very excited to visit their sick grandfather on the other side of the wall. Their elder brother Mohammed arrives in a hurry with the permit to cross. They arrive at the checkpoint, but having a permit sometimes is not enough to let them pass.
- BREAKING NEWS: What is Breaking News in a country where war and destruction are part of daily life?
- I SIGNED A PETITION: Immediately after a Palestinian man signs an online petition, he is thrown into a panic-inducing spiral of self-doubt. Over the course of a conversation with an understanding friend, he analyses, deconstructs and interprets the meaning of his choice to publicly support the cultural boycott of Israel.
- Winner of Jury Prize at the Arab Short Film Festival